Fall 2017 Poetry Moves on Transit Call for Submissions
For Students in Junior High and High School only! Calling all junior high and high school students! The Edmonton Poetry Festival seeks your poems on what moves you for the next flight of Poetry Moves on Transit, a project that puts poetry onto Edmonton Transit System vehicles.
Inspire us. Educate us. Move us to tears. Bust a move on the page. Use your words to move
mountains, or make a move on your crush. Just write! Send us a poem about what moves you and maybe your poem will move around town on buses for eight weeks this winter! We look for strong writing in all poetry styles, whether lyrical, experimental, or form poetry. Send us your best.
Four winning poems will travel on ETS buses and LRT cars for a minimum of eight weeks,
launching at the end of December. We provide an honorarium of $100 to each of the four poets whose work is chosen.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, November 8th, 2017. We encourage youth of First Nations, culturally diverse and LGTBQ communities to submit!
- Entrants must be residents of the greater Edmonton area and in junior high and high school.
- Entrants whose work has been chosen in the last year are not eligible.
- Entrants may submit up to three poems.
- Entries must be original work and are limited to a maximum of 10 lines including blank spaces/stanza breaks. Space on the bus plaques is limited; keep your line length to 10 words per line.
- Submit poems in a Word doc.
- In a separate document, include the following:
- A one-line author statement of 20 words or less.
- Your email address.
- Your telephone number