Spring 2016 Poetry Moves on Transit Call for Submissions
Submission deadline: November 27, 2015. The Edmonton Poetry Festival seeks your poems on what you want to talk about for the next flight of The Poetry Route, a project that puts poetry onto public transit vehicles! The only catch – you must be a student in grades 6 through 12.
Tell us what matters to you. Inspire us. Educate us. Wax poetic about your cat – everyone loves cats. Just write! Write us a poem and maybe it will end up on Edmonton Transit for eight weeks! Submissions are judged blind. We look for strong writing whether lyrical, experimental, or form poetry. Send us your best.
Four winning poems will circulate on ETS buses and LRT cars for a minimum of eight weeks, launching mid-January. We provide an honorarium of $100 to each of the four poets whose work is chosen.
- Submission deadline: November 27, 2015
- Entrants must be residents of the greater Edmonton area and in grades 6 to 12.
- Entries must be original work.
- You may submit up to three poems.
- Poets whose work has been chosen within the last year are not eligible.
- Maximum length: 10 lines. Space on the bus plaques is limited; consider 12 words per line max.
- Include: A brief author statement of 50 words or less; operating email address; telephone number.