Fall 2015 Poetry Moves on Transit Call for Submissions
Call For Submissions: “The City’s Changing Face”
Submission Deadline: July 24, 2015.
The Edmonton Poetry Festival seeks your poems about the changing face of YEG for the next flight of The Poetry Route, a project that puts poetry onto public transit vehicles.
As we celebrate our country’s birthday on Canada Day, we want you to tell us about the changes you see in your city! Edmonton is a complex social and physical structure that is continually evolving. Show us how those evolutions have inspired you! Who are the new faces in your neighborhood? How has the city skyline changed? What stands in place of the farmer’s field where you grew up? How have the voices of marginalized communities changed? Who are todays Edmontonians? This is your city – we want you tell its story in poetry.
Three winning poems will circulate on ETS buses and LRT cars for a minimum of eight weeks, launching mid-September. We provide an honorarium of $100 to each of the four poets whose work is chosen. The submission deadline is July 24th.
- Submission deadline: July 24, 2014
- Entrants must be residents of the greater Edmonton area.
- Entries must be original work.
- Poets whose work has been chosen within the last year are not eligible.
- Maximum length: 10 lines. Space on the bus plaques is limited; consider 12 words per line max.
- Include: A brief author statement of 50 words or less; operating email address; telephone number.