Call for Volunteers
Volunteers are an important part of every non-profit organization. Without them, critical things just can’t get done. Without volunteer power the Edmonton Poetry Festival would be a smouldering crater in the middle of Churchill Square, offering nothing but danger to passersby. Without our volunteers, the festival would be crippled, unable to deliver beautiful words and poems every April. Let’s not let that happen, shall we? Especially the smouldering crater. That’s just bad all around.
Fair patrons of the arts, we invite you to become a volunteer. We need help with the following jobs:
- Airport pickups and host drivers
- Hosts for Poetry Central and The Concrete Poetry Booth
- Poets for the Short Order Poetry Booth
- Hosts for the membership tables at different events
- Clean up crews for the evening events at the Artery
- Box office for the Poetry Party on Saturday April 28
Any of those tickle your fancy? Know anyone who might be interested?
If you’re interested in volunteering for the Edmonton Poetry Festival (April 22 – 29, 2012), email us at:
Remember, poets have a hard job. They are keepers of the beautiful and holders of the public heart. Let’s make the 2012 festival the coolest yet.