Come out for the Festival AGM
It’s time again for the Edmonton Poetry Festival’s Annual General Meeting. Here are the specifics:
- When: Sunday, July 25, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Edmonton Room, Stanley A. Milner Library
- What’s On: The traditional AGM housekeeping, including election of directors; plus a friendly blue-sky session about the festival’s future.
The Edmonton Poetry Festival is in a good position:
- We recently welcomed Al Rasko as our Financial Development Officer. Al’s two-year part-time contract is generously funded through the Edmonton Arts Council’s festival development program. Our objective is to put the poetry festival on a sustainable footing for the long term, and Al is already working on opportunities (and the administrative systems to support them).
- We have an excellent slate of candidates for the Board of Directors. If you are interested in getting involved with the Board, please contact festival president Alice Major at email@example.com
- Dates for the 2011 festival will be April 25 to May 1, 2011. The AGM’s blue-sky session is an opportunity to talk about the shape and theme of next year’s celebration of poetry in Edmonton.
All members are welcome. Non-members who would like to sign up are also welcome. Annual dues are $10.