Call for 2017 BYOV Event Submissions
We’ve said it before and remains the truth – There is never enough time, space, or money to showcase all the incredibly talented poets we have in this city. This year, we invite local poets to submit event proposals to be part of the 2017 Edmonton Poetry Festival.
Sunday April 16, 2017 and Monday April 17, 2017 (up to 6pm) have been set aside as the Edmonton Poetry Festival’s “Bring Your Own Venue” days. Sunday is Easter, so we’re offering Monday as an alternative to those of you who may have other commitments on Sunday.
We are now accepting proposals from local poets who want to showcase or stage an event at the 2017 Festival. The submission deadline is December 15th, 2016. Please tell us the idea for your event and who you’ll invite to take part. This opportunity is open to Edmonton poets/groups only.
BYOV events have the following parameters:
- Six event slots are available. We try to ensure that the events don’t overlap.
- You are responsible for finding your own venue and paying your artists.
- You are responsible for managing your tickets and finding your own volunteers.
- We will market your event and you’ll be on our official schedule and in the program.
- We will work with you to help organize the details and keep the dates on track.
- Once a date and time has been confirmed by us, it’s set in stone.
Our programming committee will make a decision on the six events to be included in the program by January 15th.